Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

what is the purpose of the id field in the device table?

SM 7.11

a) By replicating data from ucmdb to SM the id field is not populated in every case, so some records have left it as NULL on creation.

b) if a ucmdb object gets renamed and it is reconciled via the ucmdb.id then the corresponding SM object also gets renamed, but the id field is left unchanged, so multiple records of the device table have the same id value (not to be confused with logical.name, that must be unique).

What are the effects I have to cope with, if having duplicate or NULL valued id fields?

One known effect is: Audit records can't be associated correctly.

Are there other disadvantages?

BR Chris

0 Likes
1 Reply
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

I am not 100% sure but it miight be a key for that table. I ma not using OOB system so you have to recheck that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.