Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Run Results for this run session are not available in ALM

Hi,

I'm using UFT & HP Run results viewer of 12.52 version and ALM 12.21 version. When I try to launch a report from ALM. I get the following error "Run Results for this run session are not available in ALM". I have tried all the possible solution available in the HP Forum but still not able to resovle this issue. 

Can someone help me fix this issue. 

Thanks & regards

Jebakumar J

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Jebakumar,

I have the same issue with UFT 12.53 in combination with ALM 12.21 patch 01.

I opened a ticket for HP last Friday.  Will keep you informed on the outcome.

Anything you found out in the mean time ?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I did not find any solution yet.

What I observed anyway is tha, beside the error message the Script is saved correclty in ALM.

Let you know if I find workaround 🙂

Massimo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,Did Anyone found any solution to the issue .I have been facing the same problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Hello,

I am having the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Some feedback :

In the end in our case the issue came down to the fact that within our QTP scripts the following lines of code were flushing the runtime settings and hence the ALM report path got missing.  These lines were added in the past by people running debug ad hoc runs of the scripts (to make sure the UFT GUI was not getting in front of the AUT).

Set objApplication = CreateObject("QuickTest.Application")

objApplication.Visible = False

Set objApplication = Nothing

Before version 12.50 these lines did not give this issue., all versions from 12.50 onwards do.

The issue was only present when starting the run from outside UFT (via RunTestSet executable, from ALM GUI, ...).  Ad hoc start from UFT GUI with upload of result to ALM went fine for the upload of the report.

Removing the 3 lines of code the issue was solved for us.

We received also 2 new UFT v12.54 DLL's from HP to replace the equivalent v12.53 (the version we are using) ones and with those the issue is solved even without having to remove the 3 lines of code. We opted though to change our scripts.

Hopefully this can help some other people here.

Best regards,

Jan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

I just had this in a test I've been developing in UFT 12.51 but saving in ALM 12.01.

By changing the Report format in General options > Run Sessions from the default HTML to the old style Run Results Viewer Report it enables the results to be opened when pressing the Launch Report button.

Not sure if later versison allow the opening of HTML this way reports but I hope they do

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.