AshishDhole Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating HTTPS Virtual Service with Port 443

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I want to create a HTTPS virtual service with port 443. But whenever i am creating a HTTPS agent with port 443, i am getting an error as atached below.

It is saying that port is being used by another process, but i checked all the agent none of the agnet was listing on port 443.\

Has any one faced this issue and was able to resolve it? i need to use the same port becasue of certain limitations.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
javo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Creating HTTPS Virtual Service with Port 443

Jump to solution

If you were successfull in the Designer and the SV Server is running on the same machine, than that port is already claimed by Designer. Can you please try to shutdown Designer first? You can use Service Virtualization Management (AKA SVM, AKA web UI) to create the agent instead. Or just delete that 443 Agent from the Designer. If this doesn't help, try to use different port. If this doesn't help, please check what user you used to start SV Server service. Make sure that user has enough privileges.

Jakub

0 Likes
3 Replies
javo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

are you sure there is no other application hooked on that port? Try to shut down SV and run

netstat -a -b

it should show lits all used ports. If that port is taken, shut down the application that is using it or use different one.

You might also need to have more privileges to do this as registering SSL certificate on the port might be protected a operation. Try to use user with Administrator privileges or run SV as Administrator.

Checking a log file might also reveal some interesting information.

Jakub

0 Likes
AshishDhole Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for the response.

I have checked all the Agents on HP SV server, none of the agnets are listing on port 443.

I chcked with netstat command as well, that also shows none port with 443.

Note: I am able to use port 443 on my local Embedded server but only for HP SV server i am facing this issue.

any advice ?

Ashish

0 Likes
Highlighted
javo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If you were successfull in the Designer and the SV Server is running on the same machine, than that port is already claimed by Designer. Can you please try to shutdown Designer first? You can use Service Virtualization Management (AKA SVM, AKA web UI) to create the agent instead. Or just delete that 443 Agent from the Designer. If this doesn't help, try to use different port. If this doesn't help, please check what user you used to start SV Server service. Make sure that user has enough privileges.

Jakub

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.