BKPRASAD Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pass-through implementation in HP-SV

Please clarify whether Pass-through can be implemented in HP-SV. i.e., whether we can configure the virtual service in such a way that, when the real service is down, virtual service will send the repsonse, and when real service is up, real service will send the response. This switch should happen automatically as and when real service is up / down. Please provide the details.

0 Likes
4 Replies
AshishDhole Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Pass-through implementation in HP-SV

please find my below obersevations & actions to your scenario :

1. I have created one virtual service with Virtual service end point and real service end point.

2. When ever my virtual service is up, the response will be sent from my configured scenarios.

3. But when my virtual service is down, response will be sent from real service (live service) throught Virtual service.

In 3rd scenario, virtual service will act as a pass through.

I am not sure, if this clarifies your issue.

Regards,
Ashish

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HP SV supports being able to do what people have been terming "Pass-thru" like you describe below.

You should read up on the section in the user guide called Service Call Activity (SCA).  Using this feature will let you do what you wish.

In your case you stated you wanted to use the virtual service data model only if the real service is down you can also set it up so you would use the virtual service data model and if there isn't a match then use the data from the real service.

Attached is project and video on how you can achieve this.

NOTE: due to file attachment names and sizes you will need to rename things

Video

SVPassThruSplit1.zip -----> SVPassThruSplit.z01

SVPassThruSplit.zip   -----> SVPassThruSplit.zip

Project

SVPassThruExample.zip ---> SVPassThruExample.vproja

0 Likes
Sivasankaran Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dave,

I'm trying to implement pass through scenario for HP Demo application, ClaimProcessing Service. While importing activities, it is asking for service description. So, I tried adding the web service url as shown below but i didnt have luck. Is there any work around for adding service description?

http://localhost:8101/ServiceSimulation/Demo/MemberAccountsService/MemberAccountsService?wsdl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sivasankaran Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please ignore it. I got the correct WSDL url from your recorded video.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.