Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. aadithyaks Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

SV Designer Express 4.10 Install error involving Rollback

Jump to solution

Hello

I was trying to install SV Designer Express with inbuilt SQL Server express DB.

1. I downloaded the package from SaaS HP site

2. I installed DB first as mentioned in readme. This went well.

3. Then I installed SV Designer from self extractor.

4. I had to uninstall SV Designer and DB. I did that from Control panel.

5. I reinstalled DB. This went well.

6. Now when I try to re-install SV Designer, install wizard installs and then self Rollsback with error.

Attached is the install error log.

I am on Windows 10 PC with 64 bit

Need help to get it installed successfully.

unable to attach log file...so copied the error text from the log file below.

Property(C): DbTestResult = CheckFailed
=== Logging stopped: 1/22/2018 12:18:20 ===
MSI (c) (4C:24) [12:18:20:306]: Note: 1: 1708 
MSI (c) (4C:24) [12:18:20:306]: Product: HPE Service Virtualization Designer Express Edition -- Installation failed.

********************************************************************************

Best Regards

Aadi

+1 630 999 5983

aadithyaks@gmail.com

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SV Designer Express 4.10 Install error involving Rollback

Jump to solution

Aadi provided us a log file, from which it was clear the problem is the DB file access. Once we used different DB name in the DB configuration screen in the installation wizard, installation finished successfully.

If you are struggling with SV Express installation again, please check the installation log file, which is provided to you at the end of the installer and search for a problem there. If it will be DB related (most common), you will find SQLException, if not, try to search for "stack trace" or " at " (which is a string contained in the stack trace). You can also try to search for failed "custom action" from the bottom of the log file.

If you are not able to figure it out, try to ask in the forum and attach a zipped log file.

---
Service Virtualization R&D
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Aadi provided us a log file, from which it was clear the problem is the DB file access. Once we used different DB name in the DB configuration screen in the installation wizard, installation finished successfully.

If you are struggling with SV Express installation again, please check the installation log file, which is provided to you at the end of the installer and search for a problem there. If it will be DB related (most common), you will find SQLException, if not, try to search for "stack trace" or " at " (which is a string contained in the stack trace). You can also try to search for failed "custom action" from the bottom of the log file.

If you are not able to figure it out, try to ask in the forum and attach a zipped log file.

---
Service Virtualization R&D
Respected Contributor.. aadithyaks Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes ...Jakub...the problem is resolved ..!!! after renaming the DB during the install process...!

Thank you...!

Best Regards

Aadi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.