Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

SV Support tip: Unable to open HP Service Virtualization Designer's Data Model

Problem

"Unable to open editor due to internal error. See log file for details"

From log file, we find the below error:

“Cannot open editor for 'GetTargetedOffers Data Model.vsmodel' due to internal error - The type initializer for 'HP.SV.DesignerControls.UiCtrls.DataModelEditor.Tracks.TrackView' threw an exception.

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The type initializer for 'HP.SV.DesignerControls.UiCtrls.DataModelEditor.Tracks.TrackView' threw an exception. ---> System.MethodAccessException: [C:\Program Files\HP\HP Service Virtualization Designer\Designer\bin\yWorks.yFilesWPF.Viewer.dll] Strong-name signed assemblies must specify a public key in their InternalsVisibleTo declarations.”

Cause

This happens when .Net Framework Client Profile is installed on the client machine instead of Full .Net framework.

In the below link, you'll find more information regarding the differences between .Net Framework Client Profile and Full versions: WPF Performance and .NET Framework Client Profile

Fix

Make sure Full version of .Net Framework is installed on the client machine where HP Service Virtualization Designer is installed. You may download it from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42643

HP support

If you find this useful, mark Kudos.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
1 Reply
MarkDavies Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SV Support tip: Unable to open HP Service Virtualization Designer's Data Model

Hi Alvaro777,

I receive a simialr error when I try to delete a row from a rule in a data model. SV crashes with the error dialog that keeps reappearing in an infinite loop (so I have to kill the SV process and relaunch)

Unhandled WPF Exception

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: 'The invocation of the constructor of type 'yWorks.yFiles.UI.GraphControl' that matches the specified binding contraints threw and exception.

In the log I can see the following.

2016-02-08 10:02:07,373 ERROR [1] VirtualServiceDesignerMain ShowErrorBox:549 Unhandled exception
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'yWorks.yFiles.UI.GraphControl' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'yWorks.yFiles.UI.GraphControl' threw an exception. ---> System.MethodAccessException: [C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Service Virtualization Designer\Designer\bin\yWorks.yFilesWPF.Viewer.dll] Strong-name signed assemblies must specify a public key in their InternalsVisibleTo declarations.
   at yWorks.yFiles.UI.GraphControl..cctor()

I have reinstalled the designer and also checked full version of .NET 4.5.2 Framework is installed. I noticed v4.6.1 also installed.

Any suggestions to troubleshoot.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.