Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
RChalla Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

how to change default service virtulization designer database to new database

Hi,

When I open designer by default  it is looking for one designer database(for example x database),but I want to change it to from x to Y database.

How to do that one please guide me.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Raj

0 Likes
1 Reply
Jakub Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: how to change default service virtulization designer database to new database

There are several options available:

Use a command line ConfigTool, which allows to set several configuration options including DB configuration. Help for this tool is available in the Installation Guide.pdf. The tool itself is available here:

• SV Designer
    c:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Service Virtualization Designer\Designer\bin\ConfigTool.exe
  • SV Server
    c:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Service Virtualization Server\Server\bin\ConfigTool.exe

Use an installer: Just uninstall and install again and you will be asked to input the DB settings during setup.

Edit the values directly in registry: The settings is persited here:

• SV Designer
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hewlett-Packard\Service Virtualization\Designer Settings
  • SV Server
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\Service Virtualization\Server Settings

For SV Designer you can as well just rename/remove the "Designer Settings" registry folder and start SV Designer again. It will show you a dialogue asking for new DB settings.

---
Service Virtualization R&D
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.