Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

"Dyanamic Mocking" vs the HP Way

I recently ran across a video where people talk about the ease to "Creating dynamic mockservices".  The video runs about 29 minutes and if you skip and start to take a look at the video from about minute 24, you will get the jist that "easy" translates to ....

"This is easy if you know Groovy, like to program and are willing to do a lot of copy/pastes and put a lot of 'if's and but's in the mock."

Keep in mind, this was for their simple dynamic mock service.

Take a look at how quick and easy it is with HP Service Virtualization where NO coding is required and it does exactly the same thing as this service mocking compnay does.  In fact, I created this using the same exact public service they use in their video.

(see the attachment)

0 Likes
1 Reply
Raghunath4490 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: "Dyanamic Mocking" vs the HP Way

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post and it is very useful. I have small query on this:

• In mocking we can one define external data source like excel which contain multiple request and response parameters. This mock service can be used by any one.They can define his own request and response parameters. Here without restarting any service directly he will receive the response what he expected from external Excel sheet. Here no need to contact any one and there is no restart of any service/server.It is totally independent.

I tried to implement same concept in HP SV. Here also am able to do the same thing with Data driven rule but the only issue is I need to Restart Simulation everytime when ever the changes made to Excel sheet. 

Is there any way we can get updated response directly from Excel sheet with out Restrting simulation? or is it possible to refresh the data model to pick the latest data from Excel sheet in defined time intervels with out Restarting simulation? I am using version SV 3.60

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.