Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

After a complete re-install of SilkCentral Test Manager, I want to connect to a new database however, the old database details are retained, why?

After a complete re-install of SilkCentral Test Manager, I want to connect to a new database however, the old database details are retained, why?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

Once an un-install of Silk Central Test Manager has taken place, some of the applications settings are still stored on the local machine, these are contained within XML files found at C:\Documents and Settings\All User\Application Data\Segue and are either in a SCC30 folder or an SCC31 folder, depending upon the version of SilkCentral Test Manager that was installed. If you cannot see the application data folder, then you will need to go to the Tools -> Folder Options tab in Windows Explorer and select the view tab and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" radio button.

The XML files that the information is contained within are called DatabaseConf.XML and SccDatabaseConf.XML and contain the Rdbms Type, ServerName, Port, Master Logical Db Name, UserName, User Pwd (encrypted) and Last Modified By Build No fields.

If you do not want the previous database configuration retained after you have un-installed SilkCentral Test Manager, then you will need to browse to these two files and delete them manually. Upon re-install, these files will be recreated by SilkCentral Test Manager.

If however, you want to re-connect to the previous database after a re-install of SilkCentral Test Manager, then you should therefore, not delete the files above as your new installation will use them to configure to your old database.

Old KB# 24733

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:48
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.