Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

After installing SilkCentral on a Czech version of Windows, why do I receive a servlet error when I attempt to access SilkCentral?

After installing SilkCentral on a Czech version of Windows, why do I receive a servlet error when I attempt to access SilkCentral?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------
SilkCentral generates this error as it is unable to resolve the following location on the Czech operating system:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data aplikaci\*

To resolve this error you receive on the Czech operating system we must edit some SilkCentral configuration files by replacing the above location with some relative path, for example:

In the SccAppServerBootConf.xml configuration file we find the following:

conf/AppServer
        log
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Data aplikaci\Borland\SCC35
        bin/Core

We must edit the ApplicationData attribute and replace our the "Data Aplikaci" path for a relative path like this:

conf/AppServer
        log
        Data\Borland\SCC35
        bin/Core

The following files must all be edited to include this relative path:

• SccAppServerBootConf.xml
  • SccFrontendBootConf.xml
  • SccChartServerBootConf.xml

Old KB# 24480

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:45
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.