Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Can I associate a particular SilkPerformer test script with a SilkPerformer test definition in SilkCentral Test Manager instead of the SilkPerformer project itself?

Can I associate a particular SilkPerformer test script with a SilkPerformer test definition in SilkCentral Test Manager instead of the SilkPerformer project itself?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------
Can I associate a particular SilkPerformer Test definition in SilkCentral Test Manager with a SilkPerformer script file (.bdf) instead of the SilkPerformer project itself?

ANSWER
----------------------------------

When trying to execute a SilkPerformer script via SilkCentral Test Manager you will need to assign SilkPerformer project to the Test definition and then specify the correct Workload that you want to use.

You do not directly point to the SilkPerformer .bdf script itself - the Workload you choose contains the correct setting under which to run the script file. The users to be simulated are defined in the workload section of a test script. Within a Workload a user is described by the transactions to be called and the frequency of those transactions. Therefore you specify the workload file that containd the script that you want to execute.

Old KB# 24458

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:45
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.