Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Can I import issues to IssueManager with Web Services?

Problem:

Resolution:

It is possible to use the web services API to do this and you could also build a custom utility however such a procedure cannot be created or supported by Borland Technical Support.

The following method is available to enter issues via the web services:

public int saveNewIssue
(long sessionID, int projectID, String issueType, String product, String release,
String platform, String component, String severity, String synopsis, String description)

Parameters:
long sessionID - The unique ID of the actual session
int projectID - The ID of the project
String issueType - The issue type
String product - The product name
String release - The release name
String platform - The platform name
String component - The component name
String severity - The severity of the new issue
String synopsis - A name or short description of the new issue
String description - The description of the new issue

Returns:
The issue number of the newly generated issue.

For further information, please see Chapter 3 of the Test Manager API Guide.

Old KB# 30306

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 20:45
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.