Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Can I use SilkCentral Test Manager to execute a batch file from my source control profile?

Can I use SilkCentral Test Manager to execute a batch file from my source control profile?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------
There is no default functionality for executing batch files from SilkCentral Test Manager but it can be provided via the SilkCentral API. To execute a batch file from SilkCentral Test Manager will require you to create a "Third Party Test-type" plug-in, more information on this can be found in the SilkCentral API Guide.

The following file provides a simple example of how to implement such functionality:

Plug-in:  BatchRunner.jar
Source:  BatchRunnerTestLaunchBean.txt

NOTE: Place the BatchRunner.jar file into the plugins folder located in 

C:\Program Files\Borland\SC Test Manager xxxx\Plugins

and restart all SilkCentral services to load it.

Please note that if the above plug-in is used within your environment the following disclaimer applies:

SilkCentral Test Manager Integration Plug-ins

THE SILKCENTRAL TEST MANAGER PLUG-INS ("PLUG-INS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. BORLAND SOFTWARE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES, DUTIES, OR CONDITIONS OR RELATED TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, LACK OF VIRUSES, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

YOUR USE OF THE PLUG-INS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL BORLAND SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, INCURRED OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE PLUG-INS.

Copyright B) 1999-2007 Borland Software Corporation.

Related documents:

Old KB# 24923

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:50
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.