Enable SSL Setup in SC 17+
To enable SSL on Silk Central 17 and newer versions:
1. Copy the certificate and key to the frontend server machine
2. Edit the file nginx.conf.template in C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.0\instanceadministration\nginxFiles\conf
Since SC 17.5 the file is located in C:\ProgramData\SilkCentral\InstanceAdministration\nginx\conf
3. Uncomment the following lines by removing the #
#listen 443 ssl;
#ssl_protocols TLSv1.2 TLSv1.1 TLSv1;
4. Set the correct path for ssl_certificate and ssl_certificate_key in the nginx.conf.template.
- Specify the path using slashes instead of backslashes
(Optional: Comment the listen 19120; if you want to allow SSL only)
5. Copy your CERT file above to the instance security folder you are using:
eg - C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Central 17.0\instance_1_silk\lib\jre64\lib\security
6. Stop your Silk Central Server from the Instance Administration page by clicking the blue square icon
7. Open Windows Services and Stop your Instance Administration service from the windows services menu
8. Open Windows Task Manager and ensure that the Sc_proxy process is no longer running
- If this is running, select it and right click > End Process Tree
9. Start your Instance Administration Service again
10. Restart your Silk Central Server through the Instance Administration page
Follow these steps for each instance that you wish to apply this to.
After this has been enabled, you also need to enable External systems to communicate using HTTPS.
To do this, use the help guide attached to this article named "SSLExternalCommunication".
SI: 2866153, 2876132