Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I avoid the "Warning: Page has Expired" message received if an edit to an existing issue is not completed and the browser"s back button is clicked to try to return to the previous page?

How do I avoid the "Warning: Page has Expired" message received if an edit to an existing issue is not completed and the browser"s back button is clicked to try to return to the previous page?

Problem:

Resolution:

ANSWER
----------------------------------
In SilkCentral Issue Manager 3.1 or 3.2, if you do not complete an edit to an existing issue and click the browser"s back button to try to return to the previous page, you will see the following message;

"Warning: Page has Expired the page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button."

If you then refresh the page, you will not be able to see view the defect information page (i.e. where you see "description", "history" tabs etc) for ANY defect entry. You will always be caught in the "select action" mode. This requires that the user exit the application entirely and re-launch it.

Instead of using the browser back button, use the "cancel" link option in the update page. This will return you cleanly to the issue details page.

Note: the add-comment procedure has been enhanced in SilkCentral Issue Manager 4.0.1, which now employs a pop-up dialog window for comments and thus prevents this from happening.

Old KB# 23694

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.