Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I change the homepage URL for SilkCentral Test Manager when launched from the Start menu?

How do I change the homepage URL for SilkCentral Test Manager when launched from the Start menu?

Problem:

Resolution:

ANSWER
----------------------------------

In order to change the default URL that is accessed upon launching SCTM from the Start menu you need to navigate to the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Borland\SC Test Manager

In this directory there should be an Internet Shortcut file called "HPStandalone" or "HP_ISAPI" depending on the server SilkCentral Test Manager uses.

If you right click on this you can edit the URL to either be http://machinename:19120/silk if using the tomcat server ot http://machinename/silk if using IIS . See example in the screenshot below:

SCTM change URL

Once edited, click OK and when you open SCTM from the start menu it will open the edited URL.

Old KB# 25013

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:51
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.