Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I create a SilkCentral Test Manager data source that connects to an MySQL database?

How do I create a SilkCentral Test Manager data source that connects to an MySQL database?

Problem:

Resolution:

1. Download and install MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.1 from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/5.1.html.
  2. Open Control Panel and go to Administator Tools.
  3. Then go to Data Source (ODBC).
  4. Select the "System DSN" tab and click "Add...".
  5. In the Create New Data Source Window select "MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver" and click "Finish".
  6. In the next window, give the Data a Name, enter a description, specify the server address, enter the user and password, select the database and click OK.
  7. Open Silk Central Test Manager and go to ADMINISTRATION | CONFIGURATION | DATASOURCE.
  8. Click on NEW DATA SOURCE and enter the following details:
    • Name: This can be any name to identify the connection i.e. MySQL connection
    • Data source type: JDBC
    • Driver Class: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
    • URL: jdbc:odbc:MydsnName were MydsnName is the name associated with the recently created DSN within ODBC Data Source Administrator
    • Manually enter the name of the database table in the "Table filer" field i.e. user
    • Manually enter the name of the primary key column in the "Key column" i.e. user_id
  9. Click "Ok" to save the configuration.
  10. Click "Yes" to import the data.
  11. Click "Ok" on confirmation message.

The new data source will now appear in the list of current Data Sources.

Old KB# 25130

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:53
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.