Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I display the front-end server host name in the title bar of my Web browser?

How do I display the front-end server host name in the title bar of my Web browser?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

When you are working with Web applications on multiple front-end servers, it can be useful to know which host you are working on. SilkCentral offers a setting that displays the host name of the front-end server in the title bar of your Web browser.

Procedure To display/hide the host name in the title bar of your Web browser:

1. Open the SCCFrontendBootConf.xml file with a text editor. This file is located in the /conf/FrontendServer folder of the installation directory on the front-end server.

2. Locate the XML tag in the section of the file.

3. If you set the value to true (default), the host name of the front-end server will be displayed in the title bar of Web browsers.

Examples:

- When set to true: HURRICANE - Segue Software Inc. - Administration: System - Microsoft Internet Explorer

- When set to false: Segue Software Inc. - Administration: System - Microsoft Internet Explorer

- When set to "My Host":MyHost - Segue Software, Inc. - Administration: System

4. Restart the front-end server service after you save the file (see "Starting and Stopping Individual Services").

Old KB# 24786

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:49
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.