Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I enable the "Inherit from Parent" check box on the SilkTest Test Properties Dialog box?

How do I enable the "Inherit from Parent" check box on the SilkTest Test Properties Dialog box?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

In order for the "Inherit from Parent" Check boxes to be enabled, you have to add properties for your tests to the Test Folder. Please follow the instructions below.

1. Select "Test plan" in SilkCentral Test Manager

2. Select a Test container and in the "Properties tab" select "Edit".

3. Select the Edit button beside the "Hidden Test properties" text field and ensure "SilkTest Test" check box is unchecked (shown below)

4. Select a Test folder within the test container and select the "Properties" tab

5. Click on the "Edit" icon for "SilkTest Test Properties" (indicated with the red circle in the screen shot below.)

6. Click first, the "Next" button on the dialog that is invoked and then enter your test data (or other property as displayed on the dialog box) for the property. This indicates that test data (or other properties) will be used within this test folder.

7. Click finish.

8. Add a new test definition to the folder as normal, when you navigate to the SilkTest Test Properties dialog the Inherit from parent check boxes will be enabled.

Old KB# 24721

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:48
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.