Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I import a Multi-testcase into SilkCentral Test Manager?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

Procedure to Import a Multi-testcase

1. Select a container or folder node in the Test Plan tree where you wish to insert a new test definition.

2. Click the "New Test Definition" button on the toolbar (or right-click within the tree and select New Test Definition from the context menu). A new test definition node is appended to the tree view and the Test Definition dialog appears.

3. Define a Name and meaningful Description for the test definition.

4. Select the test definition Type from the drop-down list - "Multi-testcase import"

5. When you select SilkTest Multi-testcase import from the Type drop-list box on the Test Definition dialog, and then click Next, you are taken to the SilkTest Test Properties - Select Test Script dialog

Procedure To configure Multi-testcase Import properties:

1. On the Multi-testcase Import Properties - Select Test Script dialog, click Browse and locate the test script file from the defined SilkTest project, or the source control directory (as a relative path to the root node defined in the test container).

2. Click Next to advance to the Multi-testcase Import Properties - Select Testcase dialog, where you can define additional test definition properties.

3. Select some/all testcase"s from the available testcases in the defined script file or specify a custom testcase if it is not contained in the drop-down list.

4. If required, specify an option set file.

5. Click Finish to create the SilkTest test definition.

6. The Multi-testcase"s have been selected will now be created viewable in the TestPlan Treeview.

Old KB# 24668

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:47
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.