Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I run a SilkTest script on a linux/unix machine using SilkCentral Test Manager when I can"t install an Execution Server on these Operating Systems?

How do I run a SilkTest script on a linux/unix machine using SilkCentral Test Manager when I can"t install an Execution Server on these Operating Systems?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

To run a SilkTest script on a unix/linux machine you will need to have SilkTest 7.6 and the appropriate SilkTest Agent (Sun Solaris/Red Hat Linux), please see SilkTest 7.6 Release Notes for specific supported environments/technologies.

When a SilkTest Agent cannot run on the same machine as the Test Manager Execution server (e.g., when tests are run on platforms other than Windows), the hostname and port may be specified by the "SilkTest AUT Hostname" setting in the Deployment tab of an execution definition. If the setting has not been defined, SilkTest default values (e.g., from partner.ini) will be used. Syntax for AUT is hostname:port.

The Agent must be started manually prior to test execution and configured to listen at the specified port. By default, the TCP/IP protocol is used for communication between SilkTest instances and SilkTest Agents. Ensure that both programs have been configured to use the same protocol.

See resolution 21746 for more information on configuring the SilkTest AUT Hostname.

Old KB# 24689

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:47
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.