Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How do I troubleshoot the error message "Both the runtime Dir/File and Truelog File locations are invalid" when running a test from SilkCentral TestManager?

How do I troubleshoot the error message "Both the runtime Dir/File and Truelog File locations are invalid" when running a test from SilkCentral TestManager?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

When running a SilkTest testscript from SilkCentral Test Manager (SCTM), TestManager will set your output results directory (options/ runtime/ results) files to your temporary working folder location for SCTM by default. This temporary working folder is created and then destroyed at the beginning and at the end of a test run in SCTM.

If you edit a SilkTest script that has already been run through SCTM and is still associated with SCTM the compiler for SilkTest will recompile after any editing takes place and the location of your results directory having been set to the now non-existent working folder will result in this error message; "Both the runtime Dir/File and Truelog File locations are invalid".

To workaround this issue open your Options/Runtime dialogbox and manually delete the Results output destination path, and leave it blank. This path will be reset when you rerun the test through SCTM.

It stands to reason as a best practice to only associate completed and verified SilkTest test scripts with SCTM, that do not need to be edited.

Old KB# 24550

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:46
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.