Running Silk Performer tests using Datasource
Below are the steps to set up Silk Performer tests to run in Silk Central Test Manager (SCTM) using a Datasource.
1) Setting up DataSource:
- Create a project within Silk Performer.
- Create tests within this project. (e.g browser tests to google.com)
- Create Data Source linking to project folder of Performer.
- The working folder is located on the Silk Central machine normally at c:\ProgramData\SilkCentral\working.
- Ensure that an execution server installed on Silk Performer machine to run the tests from Silk Central
- Ensure that this is set up within the "Execution Environment" section of Silk Central. Steps below.
- Create a test container and selected data source just created.
- Create a new child test with this container and selected "Silk Performer Test" as the test type.
- Click "Browse" to select your Silk Performer project.
- Click "OK" to select your Silk Performer Workload.
2) Creating Execution Environment:
- Ensure execution server is installed and running on Silk Performer machine.
- Create execution environment within SCTM under Execution Planning tab > Execution Environment.
- Create new Physical Execution Server and assign it a keyword. (Ensure the hostname points to your Silk Performer machine)
3) Running the tests:
- Create a new execution plan.
- Assign the Test container created previously to this plan.
- Go to "Assigned Tests" tab of the Execution Plan and select tests to run from the right-hand side menu.
- Click the arrow to assign these to the execution plan
- Go to the "Deployment" tab of the Execution Plan and edit the assigned keywords
- Assign the keywords created when setting up your Execution Environment.
You can now run Silk Performer tests by either right-clicking this execution plan and running or by assigning a schedule and allowing it to run automatically.
SI: 2809019, 3151595