Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

What causes [TDS Driver]Unknown escape sequence to be displayed in my custom report?

What causes [TDS Driver]Unknown escape sequence to be displayed in my custom report?

Problem:

Resolution:

ANSWER
----------------------------------
This issue can be caused by the invalid use of place holders in custom reports. For example it is not possible to use ${$DATE} as this is not the correct syntax.

Additional information on the correct syntax is available in the following section of the Issue Manager User Guide:

Help | Documentation | Issue Manager User Guide | Generating Reports & Queries | Creating New Reports | Advanced query writing section

Using the example above this shows that DATE has 2 functions:

$DATE(column) - Returns the date (does not include the time)

or

$DATE("string") - Converts the given string to a database date

So to look for information between two times you could use the following syntax:

(D.DateCreated >= "${startdate|2006-04-01} 00:00" AND D.DateCreated 

This will supply 2 parameters in the Parameters tab which will allow a start and end date to be entered.

Issue has been fixed in Issue Manager 2006 R2.

Old KB# 23677

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.