Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When importing from a Word or Execel document via the Office Import Tool, why does SilkCentral not retain my line feed formatting?

When importing from a Word or Execel document via the Office Import Tool, why does SilkCentral not retain my line feed formatting?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------
When importing from a Word or Excel document via the Office Import Tool, why does SilkCentral not retain my line feed formatting?

ANSWER
----------------------------------
It is important to note that all text based information entered into SilkCentral is formatted via the use of html tags, for example; all continuous blocks of text entered into SilkCentral via its user interface are formatted in the background to have the html tags

wrapped around them.

The following screen-shots highlight the above example of the html formatting that SilkCentral performs:

The image below will represent the actual information held within the database.

When using the Office Import Tool it inserts information directly into the SilkCentral database and it is because of this reason all line feed formating is lost. If you html format the information you wish to import into SilkCentral via the Office Import Tool, this html formatting will then be rendered when displayed within SilkCentral.

Old KB# 24944

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:50
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.