Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When trying to connect to my SilkCentral Test manger I sometimes get the error "HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected Internet Information Services". What does this mean?

When trying to connect to my SilkCentral Test manger I sometimes get the error "HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected Internet Information Services". What does this mean?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

The error message HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
Internet Information Services is a well documented error relating to the maximum number of users allowed to access your Internet Information services (IIS) at one time. As your SilkCentral Test Manager (SCTM) uses IIS to connect to the home webpage this limitation may be made evident when trying to connect to your SCTM server.

The following article from the Microsoft website (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262635), suggests solutions to this issue based on different operating systems:

If more than ten connections are needed, use the version of IIS 5.0 that is included in Windows 2000 Server.

If you use IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Professional or IIS 5.1 on Microsoft Windows XP Professional, disable HTTP keep-alives in the properties of the Web site. When you do this, a limit of 10 concurrent connections still exists, but IIS does not maintain connections for inactive users.

Background:Internet Information Services

Internet Information Services (IIS) makes it easy for you to publish information on the Internet or your intranet. IIS includes a broad range of administrative features for managing Web sites and your Web server. With programmatic features like Active Server Pages (ASP), you can create and deploy scalable, flexible Web applications. IIS is not installed by default but can be added using the Add/Remove Programs dialog box from the Control Panel.
Note IIS for Windows XP Professional is designed for users developing a Web service, for home, or for office use. IIS Professional can only service 10 simultaneous client connections and does not leverage all the features of the server versions. IIS replaces the former default Web service, the Personal Web Service (PWS), on home and professional versions of Windows. PWS cannot be upgraded from previous Windows products.

Old KB# 24426

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:45
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.