Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I get an error "getReportInfo is not defined" when trying to preview my BIRT report using a DataSet?

Why do I get an error "getReportInfo is not defined" when trying to preview my BIRT report using a DataSet?

Problem:

Resolution:

When using SilkCentral Test Manager 2008 along with BIRT RCP Report Designer 2.2.0 the preview of the data is failing in the Edit Chart -> Data Preview page and the Data Set -> Preview results page. The following error message may be displayed when trying to preview a BIRT report when using a DataSet:

"Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: ReferenceError: "getReportInfo" is not defined. (DataSet[ReportData].__bm_open#2)"

BIRT error

This error message is caused by a BUG in the BIRT report designer. To get around this error you need to manually enter the dataset output column headings into the the "Category (X) Series" and "Value (Y) Series" fields on the Edit Chart -> Select Data page. Once this is done the preview reports will work correctly. Note: the data is all there ok only the preview does not work correctly.

This bug has been logged against the BIRT report designer and details can be found at: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=190500

Old KB# 25040

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:51
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.