Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I get the error Login failed for user "<username>" when connecting to my database?

Why do I get the error Login failed for user "<username>" when connecting to my database?

Problem:

Resolution:

This error message shown below may occur when connecting to your database with SilkCentral Test Manager even if the login credentials are valid and correct for the account.

A reason why this error may occur is if the SQL Server Database Engine is set to Windows Authentication mode.

In Order to change Server Authentication Mode:

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer, right-click the server and then click Properties.

2. On the security page, under Server Authentication, ensure that SQL Server and Windows Authentication is selected.

SQL Server Authentication

3. In the SQL Server Management Studio dialog box, click OK to acknowledge the requirement to restart the server.

4. Restart the Server by right-clicking on the Server, then click Restart. If SQL Server Agent is running, it must also be restarted.

5. You should now be able to successfully connect to your database with SilkCentral Test Manager.

Old KB# 25176

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:53
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.