Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I get the message "ERROR Report Server already in use" even though no Report Server is shown as configured?

Why do I get the message "ERROR Report Server already in use" even though no Report Server is shown as configured?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

This is due to an incorrect hostname being found in a SilkCentral Test Manager configuration file ReportServer.txt. Most likely this is caused by uninstalling a previously configured version of SilkCentral Test Manager and then re-installing it.

The configuration of a Report Server is not performed at installation; it"s an action that is performed later so that the configuration files are not removed by the SilkCentral Test Manager Uninstaller.

To resolve this issue browse to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Segue\SCC30

Note: this file is hidden by default therefore please change your windows folder options to display hidden files.

In this folder you will see a file called ReportServer.txt. Please delete this file and then restart the reporting server service. You can restart this service by double-clicking on the SilkCentral Service Manager icon in the system tray, choosing the Reporting Server tab and clicking stop then start.

Old KB# 24716

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:48
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.