Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I receive an error message "checkout manual tester licence for "admin" failed" when I try to run a manual testcase from the test plan treeview after I have successfully imported my manual testing licence?

Why do I receive an error message "checkout manual tester licence for "admin" failed" when I try to run a manual testcase from the test plan treeview after I have successfully imported my manual testing licence?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

In certain instances even after importing the manual testing licence onto the users Licence Policy Administrator, the error message "licence error: see application server log files for details" occurs when trying to execute a manual testcase from the test plan view of SilkCentral Test Manager (SCTM).

Upon inspection of the application server log file, the following error is recorded :

"Checkout manual tester license for "admin" failed. ErrorReason: Obtaining "SilkCentralManualTestingClient 8.5" license for user "admin" from SilkMeter failed - [251] a result string"

This error occurs as a direct result of your SilkCentral Test Manager"s inability to access the licence present on the Licence Server (SilkMeter). One possible reason for this is a change in system domain names which prevents communication, between the users SilkCentral Test Manager and SilkMeter applications.

This can be rectified by using the Licence Server"s long machine name (obtained from the settings/control panel/System/Computer name section)

In the SilkMeter Licence Server for SCTM (Start/ programs/Borland/SilkCentral/Administration tools)

Apply the changes to the Licence server host, restart the services for SCTM and you should be able to continue testing.

If this resolution does not resolve your issue and the error message still results when trying to perform a manual test, contact Borland Technical Support at support@borland.com

Background:

Since the introduction of the Silk Central manual testing client with Silk Central Test manager 2006 R2 for the execution of any manual test a manual testing licence is required. This licence is free of charge to customers with a valid maintenance contract and can be generated from the on line licence generator (licence generator)

Old KB# 24463

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:45
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.