Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why does SilkCentral Issue Manager"s audit log show several logins for my user?

Problem:

Resolution:

ANSWER
----------------------------------
Each time a new browser instance is created, the Issue Manager server will recognise this as a new http session, and flag this as a new "login" in Issue Manager"s Audit log (ISSUE MANAGER | ADMINISTRATION | REPORTS | AUDIT LOG tab).

For example, if you open up one instance of Internet Explorer and view Issue Manager"s audit log, it will show one login for you. However, if you open a second instance of IE, and visit the audit log for that instance, you will now see two logins.

Note that logins will not be duplicated if new windows are opened from an existing browser... that is if you have a browser, and right-click to open an issue in a new window, the audit log will not show an additional login. As mentioned above, duplicate audit log entry is only created by new browser-sessions.

NOTE: This duplication will not impact your license permissions (you can confirm this via the SilkMeter User Policy Administrator dialog - you will only see one license in use for your particular user).

Old KB# 23671

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.