Absent Member.
Absent Member.

API / Macro to Update Test Execution Runs

Is there any way to update execution Runs along with the results and Runs. For an example I have a excel which has the testcase run pass / fail and attachment details. So I need to do that pragmatically. Kindly help on this.

I could not find anything in API level.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi,

There is no such API to update test result in Silk Central.

However in Silk Central you have the possibility to execute manual tests offline - so if a manual test is started you can take it offline into Excel and do the testing there and later upload the results back to Silk Central.

Maybe you can still use that feature - of course will be some manual work to sync the statuses between the Excel sheets.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Florian for your quick update.

Can you help me to get the excel format and process guidelines.

Thanks
Azar
0 Likes

Hi,

to execute your manual tests via Excel you have to add the "Manual Tests Assigned to Me" Panel to your dashboard.

Then you can select manual tests in this panel and perform one of the "Download Manual Tests for Offline Execution" actions - this will open up an Excel sheet containing the selected tests.

You can then execute the test in the Excel sheet and once you are done you can click the "Upload Offline Manual Test Results" button in the "Manual Tests Assigned to Me" panel and select your Excel sheet with the results.

There is also another panel called "Offline Manual Executions" - this will give you an overview of all the offline executions. You can also delete there offline executions - as for each offline execution also a manual testing license is used which is freed on result upload . But in case no result is uploaded you can free the license by deleting the offline execution - of course then no longer any results can be uploaded as well and you would have to download the tests again.

Regards,
Florian
Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.