Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Add a Configuration to a Configuration Suite

Hi all,

Could someone help me with this question please?

How can I add a Configuration (created by me from Execution Planning > Configurations) to a Configuration Suite?

I could create a configuration but from the tab Configurations (inside de Configuration Suite) but not as I explained above.

Am I trying to do something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Leandro

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Iguarino,

if you created a configuration suite as described in Creating a Configuration Suite, this configuration will only be available for manual testing. For automated configuration testing, use the Configurations Suite Configurations Page where you can create a new configuration with the "New configuration" button.

Cheers, Marcel

Documentation Manager - Micro Focus

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your response.

That is the way I created the Configuration Suite, but my problem is creating the Configurations, not the Configuration Suites.

With the Configuration Suite created, I want to add a Configuration from my list of configurations created in Execution Planning > Configurations.

Please let me know if I could be clear.

Thanks again!!

0 Likes

Hi,

the configurations in Execution Planning > Configurations are (currently) for manual testing only - you can use them in Manual Execution Planning.

For automated Configuration Suites you have to create the configurations on the Configurations tab of the appropriate Configuration Suite.

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

In fact, I want to use Configurations for manual testing, not for automated testing.

Could you indicate me how can I use Configurations for manual testing? Maybe a link from the online-help can help.

I cannot identify how configure them.

Thanks.

Leandro

0 Likes

Hi Leandro,

Configurations from Execution Planning > Configurations are available for manual testing in the context of test cycles only (Execution Planning > Manual Execution Planning).

There you can ...

(1) ... create a testing cycle, assign testers and tests

(2) ... assign the tests to specific testers

(3) ... (multi-)select tests and assign them configurations via the right-click menu

You can also search the online documentation for "Manual Configuration Testing".

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Florian!! Step 3 was my expected response!!!

Leandro

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Florian,

I´m reading about the configuration page for manual testing. Could you please give an example about "New Configuration", which format that I can use?

I configured softwares and hardwares informations otherwise.

Thanks so much.

Camille

0 Likes

Hi Camille,

a configuration is a combination of (execution server) keywords and parameters. Where (execution server) keywords are just some kind of tags that are then visible during the test execution (might be necessary to enable the information in the manual test execution window via the gearwheel).

The sequence of tags can be anything you need to describe the environment where your tests should be executed in more detail.

In our internal testing - where we have to test different languages, different browsers, different databases,  and different web servers - sample configurations are:

English, Firefox, SQL2012, Tomcat

German, IE, Oracle 11g, IIS

and so on.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.