Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Assign Multiple Products to a Test Container

Is there any possibility of having more than one product assigned to a test container in SILK Central?  If I have Product A and Product B (each independent products but can optionally be used together) with tests associated specifically with those products, I can have each product assigned to its respective test container.  When I am performing system level testing, I also need to test the interaction of Product A with Product B.  

For reporting purposes I would love to be able to assign multiple products rather than managing other product Versions and Builds as platforms or configurations or some kind of combined product number.  If I could assign multiple products, I could then create reports that searches for test results based on product number and not have to review/search/manage configuration or platform information.

Is there any way of doing this?  Or a different approach to achieve this goal?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I have seen some suggestions in other posts that suggest creating a part number that encompasses what would be a stack of products but we have 40+ independent products that can be mixed and match with each other. I'm still looking for a better approach to system testing and identification of versions and builds tested against.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.