Commodore
Commodore

Automated Test is not Executed

I installed Silk Central & Silk Test in one environment. When I created automated test and trial run it, it is not executed. Same thing when I tried it via execution planning. I've done it by reinstall execution server but as I restart system, it failed again.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi garecanbp,

Do you receive any error messages from the run itself, you should find these by clicking the run id and selecting the messages tab?

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Yeah, I checked tracking and it is not executed. So I have integrated STW with Central. I built test in STW and it runs well but when I run in Central for the test made in STW, I encountered issue “Not Executed” in Central. Also tried to reinstall the Execution Server. This solved the problem temporarily. But when I restarted the server again, I had the problem again.

I had ensured that the Execution Server is running and the condition is Silk Test and Central at same environment.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi garecanbp,

Thanks for the update, we just need to check the message returned when the test returns not executed.

I have attached an image showing a similar message that you should see:

Can you navigate to the runs tab for the test, click on the run id and check if there is a message appearing for you run?

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Yeah that's exact message I got... What does that message mean?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi garecanbp,

Can you verify the details that are configured in your source control profile for SilkTest workbench, this can be found under:

Tests -> Source Control Integrations

You should verify the port for your database is correct and the login details are able to connect to the SilkTest database.

On the execution server you will have an ODBC connection created from these details called:

SCTMSTWKeywords

You should verify you can connect to the Silk Central using this data source through the data sources application:

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Matthew, it failed because of Visual Studio. I have installed it on preparation Silk4NET. I've created new server installing only Silk Test & Central w/o Visual Studio, integrated them and successfully run the test.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Matthew,

I have followed every step that your describe above, but my automated test still not run.

the status of the last execution is "not executed" and I have checked the run id, but there is no message about this condition.

Any Idea About this ?

Thanks,

Ryan Chair Ginting

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.