Highlighted
Matt F-R Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BIRT PDF to Word Conversion - best way to convert BIRT PDF report into Word

Hi,

I have a customised BIRT report that is generated but then I have the requirement for some of the section to have manual commentary added so I was wondering what the suggested approach is to get the BIRT report from a PDF into a word document and once the commentary has been manaully added transferred back into a PDF?

Thanks Matt

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: BIRT PDF to Word Conversion - best way to convert BIRT PDF report into Word

Hi Matt,

If possible create and use a Word report template for your report. More on Word report templates can be found in Silk Central documentation: http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.sctm.doc/GUID-8FB05FE3-1241-4431-AB5A-FC37B82D2EAF.html

If this is not possible and you have to go with BIRT and PDF then you could use some 3rd party tool to convert the PDF to a Word document. For example MS Word itself can open PDF files and edit them. Save it as PDF again when you are finished.

Regards,
Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.