Wolfgang2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bug (?) when using ">" as filter for lists

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have an attribute as single-selection list with elements that  have no weights.

When I now create a filter with the criteria "Test attribute - myAttribute > my_first_element_in_list

I get an error popup with the following text:
Title: "Silk Central Message"
Body: "An unexpected error occurred: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'end'."

Is this a problem of my installation or can anyone confirm this? I'm using Silk Central 15.5 with no hot fixes applied.

What I tried to achieve and didn't manage so far:
I want to find all test cases/folders that have an attribute explicitely set (not inherited). Is there a way to filter for those?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
maximilianp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Bug (?) when using ">" as filter for lists

Jump to solution

Hello Wolfgang,

can you please log a support ticket for this one and provide the System Diagnostics package to support?

thanks

-max

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
maximilianp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Wolfgang,

can you please log a support ticket for this one and provide the System Diagnostics package to support?

thanks

-max

0 Likes
Wolfgang2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Done, I have added the package that I got from my IT, so it contains a larger timeframe than needed.

So this question still remains:

What I tried to achieve and didn't manage so far: I want to find all test cases/folders that have an attribute explicitely set (not inherited). Is there a way to filter for those?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
Conor Cassidy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Wolfgang,

I wanted to check if the latest version 16.0 worked on resolving this error you had.
You were previously on the base build of 15.5 so can you confirm this 16.0 version fixed the issue?
You previously had no numeric weight assigned to your attribute.
After assigning a weight, does this now work when included in a new filter?

I also wanted to check if you found a way of finding all test cases/folders that have an attribute explicitly set?

Thanks,
Conor

0 Likes
Wolfgang2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

- we have not yet moved to SCTM 16.0, so I cannot confirm that the error was fixed in it.

- We have not added weights to our attribute, but I gave it a try in a playground project. Though the workaround solution was not working with this approach.

- No, I have not yet found a solution how to filter for test cases that an attribute explicitly set.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.