Wolfgang2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bug (?) with filtering when renaming attribute value in multi-edit list

Jump to solution

Hi,

it seems that filtering gets sometimes confused when an attribute element is renamed. I have seen this with SCTM 15.5. without any hotfixed applied.

Steps to see the problem:

1. create an attribute of type multi-select list
  2. add the following 3 names to the list without any weights: on, two, three
    (the typo is on purpose)
  3. add the attribute to a test case and select the values "on"+"two"
  4. create a filter that looks for the attribute value "on"
    -> it finds the test case = ok
  5. rename the attribut name from "on" to "one"
  6. check the filter: the attribute value is correctly updated with the new name, but the filter does no longer find the test case

Creating a new filter or adjusting the old filter by deleting/modifying/adding the criteria does not help.
If I add the value "three" to the test case, the filter still does not find the testcase.
If I delete the value "one" from the test case and add it again, the filter finds the test case again.
If I alternatively remove "two" from the test case attribute, so that "one" is the single value, the filter also finds the test case.

If the value "on" is attached to a test case as single value, the filter is also working fine immediately.

Can someone please verify this to see if this only in my environment?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa Johnston Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Bug (?) with filtering when renaming attribute value in multi-edit list

Jump to solution

Filters are based on the LQM_** tables. These are reporting tables containing redundant data for faster reporting.

In case of multiselect attributes changing the name of an option does not update this table in all cases.  

As soon as you edit the test manually or call fix for the LQM_Tests Table in the Database Check of Silk Central the filters will work again.

This is a defect when using multiselect attributes which we intend to fix in the next version of Silk Central (16.0)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
maximilianp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Wolfgang,

I can reproduce this behaviour described in steps 1-6.

Also here, can you please log a support ticket for this one and provide the System Diagnostics package to support?

thanks

-max

0 Likes
Wolfgang2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Done, I have added the package that I got from my IT, so it contains a larger timeframe than needed. But as you can reproduce the behavior I guess its not needed at all.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
Lisa Johnston Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Filters are based on the LQM_** tables. These are reporting tables containing redundant data for faster reporting.

In case of multiselect attributes changing the name of an option does not update this table in all cases.  

As soon as you edit the test manually or call fix for the LQM_Tests Table in the Database Check of Silk Central the filters will work again.

This is a defect when using multiselect attributes which we intend to fix in the next version of Silk Central (16.0)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.