Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Can I add multiple email addresses for a user?

I'd like to create a generic user that represents an entire team.  As an example, I'd like to have multiple users part of a group called "ADT" and I want to assign tests and issues to this group.  Whomever is executing a test or fixing an issue will log in as the generic user to do their pieces.  However, when a test or issue is assigned to this generic user, I would like every person who is a member of the team to receive an e-mail.  Am I able to assign more than one e-mail to a user?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Gallinaa,

It is not possible to have multiple emails assigned to a single user account in Silk Central.

You would need to create a distribution list in exchange with a list of the users who you want to recieve an email when anything happens as part of their team.

You can then add this email address to the users profiles and the email will be sent to the list of users added to the distribution list.

Thanks,
Matthew
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks Matthew - but I have another question. I created the distribution list (contact list) in my outlook and added the members to it, but it's not an e-mail address. So when I try to add it to my user I receive an Error.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You would need to do this on your exchange server, it is not a contact list. You can find more about this in this article: technet.microsoft.com/.../cc164331(v=exchg.65).aspx

The distribution list will then have an email associated.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.