Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
graghavan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Converting shared steps into excel

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to export all of my test scripts into Excel and the Shared steps are not being exported instead i see only the shared steps numbers. I am using an old version of the SIlk 12.1 and i am upgrading into the newer one soon. Is this feature available in the latest version?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Conor Cassidy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Converting shared steps into excel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not something that is possible in older versions, or in the next few versions going forward.

This is due to the way in which the exporting of tests work within Excel.

To get this functionality to work, it would involve having dynamic Excel sheets storing changing libraries and tests.

If you are wanting to export these across databases (eg from test to production server), instead of using a database copy, you can instead export and import your projects.

This will move all of your shared step libraries over to the production server.

You will also be able to copy and paste tests from one project to another, which will then link to the shared steps.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Conor

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Conor Cassidy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Converting shared steps into excel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not something that is possible in older versions, or in the next few versions going forward.

This is due to the way in which the exporting of tests work within Excel.

To get this functionality to work, it would involve having dynamic Excel sheets storing changing libraries and tests.

If you are wanting to export these across databases (eg from test to production server), instead of using a database copy, you can instead export and import your projects.

This will move all of your shared step libraries over to the production server.

You will also be able to copy and paste tests from one project to another, which will then link to the shared steps.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Conor

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.