Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Count number of occurrences an issue has failed retest

Hi, is it possible to create a report using SQL which counts the number of times an issue has failed retest? We currently use a custom Status button "Retest Failed" with custom Reason Type of "Retest Failed Re Open" as part of our workflow to track when an issue fails retest. It would be useful, to identify high risk areas of code, to have the ability to report on number of times an issue retest gets failed. Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Steve72,

In Issue Manager, you can find:

• Reason Code in IM_DefectHistory.DispositionOUT
  • History Action Code in IM_DefectHistory.ActionCode

Assuming you have the Reason Code set to 'Retest Failed Reopen' the query would look like this:

SELECT i.DefectID, i.ProjectID_fk ProjectID, i.Synopsis, defStats.RetestFailedCount
FROM IM_Defect i
INNER JOIN (
  SELECT IssueID_fk, COUNT (1) RetestFailedCount
  FROM IM_DefectHistory
  WHERE DispositionOUT = 'Retest Failed Reopen'
  GROUP BY IssueID_fk) defStats ON i.IssueID_pk = defStats.IssueID_fk

Go to Issues > Reports, create a new report and paste the SQL from above as advanced query.

Regards,
Hubert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.