Creating Tests and Steps from Visualizations
I have Caliber integrated with SCTM.
I have imported the requirements and can view the scenario/simulation within SCTM.
In the Demo Project, Requirements, I navigate to the Login Simulation and select the 'Generate Tests' button. SCTM correctly creates the three expected test cases however I only get the first Test Step created in each test.
I know SCTM used to create all the steps in the test automatically, have I missed anything in the process?
Which version of Silk Central do you use?
How does the requirement hiearchy look like?
What are the exact steps to reproduce the problem?
**** Just realised after detailing everything below the steps window needed expanding! ****
SCTM 16.5 build 6463
In SCTM (I'm using the Demo Project)
1. go to requirements menu and click "Synchronise All"
2. expand requirements and select a requirement that is traced to a Visualisation. I've used "Login with a Valid User"
3. Select the Visual requirement (Ive used Login) and "Generate Tests"
4. In the pop-up Generate Tests window select "Generate All"
NOTE: At this point I can see all the steps!
5. In the "Select Test Folder" pop up select a folder - I've selected "workflows" and clicked OK
6. notification 3 tests were generated - click OK
7. On the "Assigned Tests" click a test - you are moved to the "Tests" menu.
8. Select the "Steps" tab and only 1 (One) step is displayed as shown below
just a side note - in Silk Central 17.0 this view has been adjusted so that the "Edit Step" area can no longer completely overlay the toolbar and steps grid.