Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating Tests and Steps from Visualizations

I have Caliber integrated with SCTM.

I have imported the requirements and can view the scenario/simulation within SCTM.

In the Demo Project, Requirements, I navigate to the Login Simulation and select the 'Generate Tests' button. SCTM correctly creates the three expected test cases however I only get the first Test Step created in each test.

I know SCTM used to create all the steps in the test automatically, have I missed anything in the process?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Which version of Silk Central do you use?

How does the requirement hiearchy look like?

What are the exact steps to reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

Hubert

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hubert,

**** Just realised after detailing everything below the steps window needed expanding! **** 

SCTM 16.5 build 6463

Caliber 11.4.0.895

In SCTM  (I'm using the Demo Project)

1.  go to requirements menu and click "Synchronise All"

2.  expand requirements and select a requirement that is traced to a Visualisation. I've used "Login with a Valid User"

3. Select the Visual requirement (Ive used Login) and "Generate Tests"

4. In the pop-up Generate Tests window select "Generate All"

NOTE:  At this point I can see all the steps!

5. In the "Select Test Folder" pop up select a folder - I've selected  "workflows" and clicked OK

6. notification 3 tests were generated - click OK

7. On the "Assigned Tests" click  a test - you are moved to the "Tests" menu.

8. Select the "Steps" tab and only 1 (One) step is displayed as shown below

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Great to hear it works now!

Cheers,

Hubert

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

just a side note - in Silk Central 17.0 this view has been adjusted so that the "Edit Step" area can no longer completely overlay the toolbar and steps grid.

Regards,

Roland Kern

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.