Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

DES3 default encryption differs between SilkPerf and SCTM ?

Hi there,

I recently setup a test using a SilkPerformer project that has a variety of predefined parameters (baseline data and custom parameters used with the script logic (bdf)).

Of these parameters one is a password parameter (ie 'type' password). When inspecting the raw parameter data as described in the .ltp project file, I see this param type is encrypted using DES3

If I deploy with these parameters as set in the .ltp file, all is OK..

If however I modify the password parameter in SCTM (ie as done with test or execution config/containers etc) the test breaks.. (note that I'm presenting exactly the same password chars as set in Silk Perf).

Upon further inspection (ie the .ltp as fetched to the execution server), I see that the encrypted data is no longer valid (ie the value and default differ).

Clearly the DES3 treatment applied to the parameter in SCTM differs from that of Silk Perf.

Is this a bug, or is there an SCTM DES3 config I'm unaware of ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi,

could you please contact support for better analyzing this problem?

There is no special DES3 configuration in Silk Central.

Thanks,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Will do, thanks 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.