Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
garecanbp Contributor.
Contributor.

Database URL for data source BIRT

Hi, I created new jdbc source to make custom report at BIRT, I've input based on guide (http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.microfocus.sctm.doc%2FSCTM-CF7669F1-BIRTDATASOURCESETTINGS-REF.html) but it failed to create a connection.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Conor Cassidy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Database URL for data source BIRT

Hello,

When creating the database URL, you need to specify the Instance name using the command "instance=" and then enter your instance name. The default instance it mentions is usually only if you have downloaded SQL Express outside of silk central. If you used the SQL Express option when using the silk central installer, then the default instance is localhost\silkcentral.

In my own setup, my database URL was:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/demodb;instance=SilkCentral

This was because I used the option to download the SQL Express with Silk Central.

To find out your default Instance name, you can see this through the SQL Server Management Studio tool. This will show the instance that you connect to when entering your login details.

Please try this, and let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Conor

0 Likes
saikiran40cs
New Member.

RE: Database URL for data source BIRT

Hello,

I agree with Conor, when creating the database URL you must specify the instance. sometimes it also requires to add the type of authentication method being used.

jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databasename=demodb;integratedSecurity=false

you must also check whether all the port numbers are pointing to 1433 or not in the SQL Server Configuration Manager--> Under SQL Server network configuration-->Protocols for MSSQLServer-->TCP/IP

Double click on TCP/IP to get TCP/IP Properties.
Select the IP configuration tab and check whether the port number is correct and also have a check in the firewall rules.

Please let me know if this solves your issue
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.