Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Testmanager1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deleting test container is not possible

Hello everybody,

I have got a problem: I want to delete one of my test container, but Silk Central refuses this action by a dialogue (German):

It says, that I cannot delete this test container because there is a reference to a execution definition....

Of course there are references to execution definitions, because we tested our tests.So what does Silk Central imagine I have to do? Shall I laboriously delete all tests one after another from the execution definition?

For me it doesn´t matter if there are references... I just want to delete this container.

Please help me, looking forward to your response.

Best regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Matthew McGibbon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Deleting test container is not possible

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

You will not be able to remove the Test Container until you remove all the associations it has first.

The easiest way to do this is on the Execution Planning section, and create a new filter using the following criteria;

This will return all the Executions Plans the Test Container has an association to. What you have to do is delete the Execution Plans, you don't have to remove all tests individually, you can delete the Execution Plan itself, and once done you will be able to remove the Test Container.

You will not be able to retrieve these after so I would make sure you no longer need these tests or the history of the tests before removing.

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Testmanager1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Deleting test container is not possible

Hi Matthew,

thank you for your quick response.

I did not know this filter, this one makes it easier for me and reduces the expenditure.

Thank you very much 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.