wxbruce Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error when running Visual test on execution server via Central

Howdy all,

I am trying to connect up Silk central to a SQL database of Silk. I have a script that runs on my local workbench and on the execution server workbench. When I tie the test to a manual test and try to run it via silk central. I get these error messages. We are running central and workbench 15.5

Playback Error   1   <<Start>> Application configuration execution '' failed  

Playback error:

The object is not ready for user interaction because it is not enabled.
Process name:
Working directory:
Locator: //BrowserApplication
Commandline arguments:
URL: http://slashdot.org
Timeout: 30000

I am using IE 10 on my local machine and IE 11 on the execution server.

As far as I know, we have never gotten the automation to work via silk central. So it could be a configure issue. But the object  is not enabled is strange. I can't find any references to this issue.

Any idea what is going on, or how to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks,

RB

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Error when running Visual test on execution server via Central

Hi,

Please open a support case for this.

Thanks,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
maximilianp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The error message "The object is not ready for user interaction because it is not enabled." is most likely caused by a dialog or any other window blocking the application under test (in your case the browser).

You could probably check the screenshot that was taken when this error happens.

0 Likes
Highlighted
wxbruce Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hmm.... No screen shots. It is crashing on the app config or the using step, which is the first step.

0 Likes
maximilianp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, you could also try to connect to the (remote) execution server and check what is going on there when the test is running.

Or you can check that the execution plan has the "screenshot on Error" setting enabled, this should trigger the screenshot on the execution server in case of an error during replay.

Either way, you can also log a support ticket on this to get help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.