Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Execution of running configuration plans is not restricted

Hi,

it seems that everyone with the permission "Execute tests" can execute ongoing test plans of a configuration suite, even if he is not assigned as tester to this configuration.
When using a test cycle, this behaviour is different. Here a tester can execute only tests assigned to him or not assigned at all ("No specific Tester").

Is there a special reason behind the different behavior in case of configuration suites or is this a bug/unimplemented feature?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi,

which version of Silk Central are you using? 12.0?

Thanks,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sorry, forgot to mention:

we are using "Silk Central Version 15.5.0.16, Build 5739 from 2014-06-18" without any hot fixes.

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes

Could you be more specific where you are able to continue running executions?

Around 12.x, before introducing the new manual execution, it was possible to view running execution plans in the old manual execution area and then continue testing. But that was not intended.

Regards,

Florian

Product Owner - Silk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

when I go to the activities page -> "current executions" I would be able to continue all configuration suite plans but I cannot continue the test cyce plans that I'm not assigned to = green action icon to continue manual testing is present for all configuration suite plans.

When navigating to the "Execution Planning" -> "Details View", selecting a configuration suite that I'm not involved in and select the tab "Current Run", I'm also able to continue the test execution as the green action icon is present too.

The icon is not present when I navigate to the test case itself and choose the tab "Runs".

Cheers,

Wolfgang

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.