Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Extracting Data from Silk with SQL

Hello

We are attempting to create a simple issues (bug) report in Silk to give us details on issues found within testing cycles.

The reason for this is the issues report that fetches data from JIRA currently pulls in all issue types, not just 'Bugs' and 'Sub-task bugs' that we would like to report on. Also, the widget on the Silk dashboard is very simple, only returning issues logged on the project per tester, for the entire period of the project.

We attempted to create some SQL by looking at the tables within the .png images in Help > Documentation > Silk Central Database Schema. This proved very difficult as you cannot search for fields and we could not establish which fields were the key or linking fields between tables that hold issue details and tables regarding testing cycles.

> To help us create this report could you advise what tables/fields link issues to testing cycles?
> For future reports would it possible to get more details on what the key fields are and any linking fields between tables?

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

there is a similar question and a sample SQL to query issues found during a testing cycle in community.microfocus.com/.../13813.aspx

Specifically, the table TM_Issues contains the ID of a test run that can be associated to a testing cycle:

SELECT tse.TestID "TestDefID", tse.TestName, i.*, tse.ProjectID_fk "ProjectID"

FROM RV_TestStatusExtended tse

INNER JOIN TM_Issues i on i.TestDefExecID_fk = tse.TestRunID

WHERE tse.ExecutionParentFolderID = ${execNode_Id_0|3|Testing Cycle ID}

Regards,

RolandK

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.