Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Filter test cases assigned to a specific Execution Plan?

Hi ,

Could be a very simple question , but I couldn't find a way to filter the test cases assigned to a specific Execution Plan, via the GUI (web services , etc. are not an option for us).

Is there a way to create such a filter?

Thanks,

Boris,

P.S. SILK version is 19 or higher , not sure whether it makes sense because this is rather common use case....

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Boris,

I'm afraid there is no way to create such a filter for the test tree. However, you could create a report to get the filtered list of tests. I don't know if this would help with your use case.

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Hubert,

The context for which I'm asking is similar to one of the other threads, we've discussed recently : re-run only the failed tests (community.microfocus.com/.../re-run-only-failed-tests)

My approach seems to work , but only if the execution plan uses a filter for the test cases, so (the same filter + last status = NOK) will give us the opportunity to find the failed test cases for the dependency execution plans..

if the test cases are assigned manually to an execution plan , then the offered solution won't work - then we would need a direct linkage (give me test cases assigned to an execution plan with ID=123).
Currently the only filtering possible is the count - to how many execution plans the test cases are assigned (and maybe the most common usage is ? = 0 - so the test cases not assigned to any execution plan).

Anyway , thanks for the answer.

BR,
Boris,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.