Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How could I start the execution plan by using command line?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is there any way to start the specific execution plan (I know the execution plan ID) in command line?

More details:

Right now, what I could do is just to right-click the execution plan and click run to start the execution. However, I'd like to start the execution by using command line in order to start the execution in another application.

I need your help and look forward to your reply.

Thanks a lot.

To be an automated tester.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Michael.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You can use the Webservice API of Silk Central to start executions externally. Please check Silk Central's online help topic "Silk Central Web Services" for further information. There you will find detailed description how to use Silk Central web services and which services Silk Central provides.

Especially "the ExecutionWebservice" (/Services1.0/services/tmexecution?wsdl) should meet your needs, this service provides access to the Executions area of Silk Central. It provides two methods for starting executions:

- ExecutionHandle[] startExecution(long sessionId, int nodeId)

//  Executes the specified node (folder, configuration suite or execution definition).

- ExecutionHandle[] startExecution(long sessionId, int nodeId, String build, int option, String sinceBuild)

// Executes the specified node (folder, configuration suite or execution definition).

Best regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Michael.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Michael,

After reading the documentation about IExecutionWebservice, I have a question.

How could I get the classes , such as "SystemServiceServiceLocator" or "ExecutionWebServiceServiceLocator".

How could I import those classes? If I don't import them, they cannot be resolved and I will get errors.

I'm not quite familiar with Webservice.

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Look at the JavaDoc for the interface SystemServiceI, which can be built from the sccsystem Wsdl address: "http://<sctmServerName>:19120/Services1.0/services/sccsystem?wsdl

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

As Spiderman mentioned, in the API help of the "IPlanningService" interface (http://<HOST>:<PORT>/silkroot/doc/javadoc/com/segue/tm/frontendserver/planning/webservice/IPlanningService.html) there is some sample code for accessing a Silk Central web service. The code is similar for other services.  

Additionally, there is a Web Service Demo Client available on Silk Central's tools page. This is a tool that demonstrates how to use the Silk Central Web Services. Download the client from Help > Tools. If you check the sources of this demo client, you can also see how the stub classes are imported.

If you want I can send you a demo project how to access the SystemService interface of Silk Central.

Best Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank Spiderman and Michael, I have almost finished it.

In fact, I got some failures about generating Java Classes from WSDL by using different versions of Axis. And I had some troubles about using generated Classes by the tools. Finally, I decided to replace some classes with classes in the Demo folder, and update some classes.

Appreciate!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I would appreciate a CLI Tool to start SilkCentral executions, too.

@franksunnn: Would it be possible, to share your code with this forum... or at least  with me? 😉

Best regards,

Bernd

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.